My New Years Design Plan
The new year always brings with it grand dreams and plans. To say that, up to this point, I have not been entirely contemplative might be an understatement. I have been filling my days doing productive things like creating memories with my family and planning my 3 year old's birthday party (started yesterday, it's in 2 weeks, theme: Curious George, so help me man with the yellow hat)... and doing other things like playing Tetris on my iPad, reading Bossypants and dreaming about the next season of Downton Abbey. Some Christmas tidbits:
I see other people's posts about 2012 successes and well thought-out plans for 2013 and, well, all I really want to do is steal their plans and take a nap (still jet-lagged from west coast time, after all). While I feel apprehensive about what this year will hold (there are unknowns and big risks ahead), I've got to take a minute and remember the successes. The truth is, 2012 held some great ones.
1. This blog began in earnest
2. I had my home professionally photographed
3. A national magazine editor expressed interest in those photos (project still in process, so I cannot post them....bummer)
4. Had great clients and opportunities to create great design (and thrilled clients!)
5. Met some fabulous designers and
6. Hired a coach to keep me on track
These are no small things and I am proud of it all!
2013 will hold exciting opportunities to create. Create good design. Create inspiring networks. Create new bold inroads. Create. The theme of my new year is on this card that I carry around in my bag:
And here's to your 2013 dreams coming true! As my dad says, "It's lucky 13!" Work hard and do MORE OF WHAT YOU LOVE!