Life's a Beach
After spending an amazing week with my family at Panama City Beach, I've been thinking about how to incorporate beach style and design inspiration into my Atlanta home life. I don't think wearing bikini's and sporting awesome dirty beach hair all day long will fly in the landlocked city (sadly) so here are my ideas for keeping the beach alive all summer long: 1. All things coconutty - soap, lotion, candles. The smell makes me think of sunscreen and suntan oil (from back when I stupidly used to do that).
2. Limes in and on every food and every drink. Duh.
3. Sea glass vases.
4. Salt spray for beachy waves (have I mentioned how much I LOVE beach hair?).
5. Sand in vases, jars, and succulent terrariums. So cool.
6. Maxi dresses and sandals = pjs all day.
7. Seafood! Just last week I ate mahi mahi, tuna, blue crab claws, scallops, raw oysters, grouper, salmon, and more shrimp than I'd care for you to know about. I miss it. Chicken is dumb.
8. Wet family beach pictures! Would you believe this is the only family pic we got on the beach?! Next year we're totally packing clothes.
What are your landlocked tips for keeping summer beachy?